BVCA unites the investment community and promotes the entrepreneurship in Bulgaria.
Venture Capital Analyst
Sofia, Bulgaria or anywhere in SEE
About LAUNCHub Ventures
LAUNCHub Ventures is a leading early-stage venture capital fund, investing in technology startups in the Seed and Series A funding stages. The fund invests in Central and Southeastern Europe (SEE & CEE), and in companies built by ambitious founders from that region who are based in the leading startup hubs such as London, San Francisco and beyond.
About the position
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate and proactive Investment Analyst to join our Team. In this role, the candidate is to support the investment and transaction process, the construction of investment theses and the team’s work with portfolio companies. Key responsibilities would include:
- Constructing investment theses through market and competitive landscape research, quantitative analysis and the evaluation of current technological and industry trends
- Evaluating investment opportunities through analyzing companies, talking to founders and screening competitors and technologies
- Sourcing of investment opportunities by leveraging the network of the fund, participating in relevant events and investment demo days, as well as through the development of a strong personal network and brand
- Supporting the work with existing portfolio companies through engagement with the company’s team, market research and the analysis of development prospects
- Supporting internal processes, including portfolio management and monitoring, fundraising process and investor relations
The position provides for the opportunity to obtain a deep understanding of the Venture Capital world and the emerging technology and industry trends both in the region and globally. Consider an Analyst role at LAUNCHub Ventures as one of the fastest ways to learn, build your network and advance your career. You will get a huge amount of independence, combined with the ability to learn from us as well as from the amazing founders of our portfolio companies.
The ideal candidate is expected to be data driven, a team player with excellent communication skills, to have a personal passion for innovation and technology developments, and an ability to work independently. The individual is to possess strong analytical and research skills, with a background in PE / VC, Finance, Consulting or Investment Banking being considered a plus.
She or he is also to have a strong interest in the development of the fund’s target regions (SEE & CEE). Speaking some of the regional languages would be considered an advantage.
How to apply
If you are interested, we’d like to ask you to send us:
(1) your CV and any other information you think might be helpful;
(2) the URLs or usernames of your professional online presences (LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora..), as applicable;(3) your thoughts about at least 3 of the following questions (in not more than 150 words each):
- What is your favorite company and why?
- Which technology company coming from our region do you like and why?
- Pick one of LAUNCHub’s investments and explain why you don’t find it promising.
- Do you know a startup that you think we should invest in and why?
Join our group of members
be an active driver for entrepreneurship in Bulgaria